Thursday, October 16, 2008

weekend in Toulouse

I can't believe that it is Thursday already! I'm amazed by how quickly time has been going since my classes started. I'm hoping to spend this weekend relaxing and getting some much needed studying done.
I was in Toulouse, France this weekend and it was probably my favorite weekend so far. On top of having me visiting, Heidi and her roommates also had 2 girlfriends from the UK staying for the weekend and we had a great time together. I can't tell you how much I had been craving crepes, I was happy when that ended up being our first meal Saturday night. During high school I had done a project on Toulouse so it was fun to see the things I had spent so much time reading about. We took a boat tour of the city which was beautiful! I also had a chance to wander around the city by myself for awhile.
The only bad thing about the weekend was Monday night when I was on my way home, my plane ended up being about 2 hours late. When sitting in the airport though, I ended up starting a conversation with two Spanish people waiting for the flight as well. We ended up taking while we waited and the whole way home. It was a nice way to transition out of French and back into Spanish!
Other than that though my week has been fairly uneventful. I applied to get my residency card, which will be nice to have! My classes are going well, there are lots of work, but I think it will be worth it.
I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: