Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Spanish Thanksgiving

I hope that all of you had a great Thanksgiving! I'm not going to lie, this year was unique for me. My program did a good job in keeping us all busy though and helping us enjoy the weekend. Schoolwise, I had a pretty busy couple of weeks, two weeks ago I had three midterms to get through and then last week I had one as well as two papers to write. So sadly for me my Thanksgiving week was a little hectic and sleep deprived. But lucky for me, I'm done now and feeling alright about my exams.
Thursday night, we all went out for dinner as a program which was fun, we ate Spanish food, therefore no turkey or mashed potatoes which made me sad, but all in all not a bad night. I think the best part of the day though was when I got home, I had the chance to skype with my family, as well as my grandma Shoger and my Uncle Tim's family. It was the first time we were able to video chat since I've been here so it was pretty great for me.
This weekend, we took an over night program trip to the city of Cordoba. I actually had a midterm on Saturday so I got to take a train there which took half the time, so I only had to make the 5 hour bus ride once! Saturday we visited the mosque, which actually has a Catholic cathedral in the middle of it. It was quite an amazing experience, the mosque is one of the biggest in the world, so you are walking through the forest of arches and then all of a sudden in the middle of a catedral, its breathtaking. Then Sunday we had the chance to go to some Roman and Morish ruins outside of the city. It was a nice break in our schedules to spend time together outside of the city.
These next few weeks before Christmas are going to be pretty calm. We have a three day weekend this weekend so some friends and I are going to spend it in Palma de Mallorca, a Spanish island in the Meditteranean. Then hopefully I will be able to get a head start on all the papers I have due in January so I can spend Christmas break relaxing with my friends when I get to Romania!

No comments: