Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My journey to a galaxy far, far away... and one not so far away

This last week has been such a whirlwind, I´m glad it is finally over. Last weekend I had to finish up some papers from my first semester classes still, so needless to say it was fairly uneventful. I was hoping that after I did that though, I would have some time to relax while me new classes, started- unfortunately not! The way my schedule worked out this semester I have four classes Mondays and Tuesdays and only one Thursdays and Fridays. And while its nice at the end of the week, the beginning is a little stressful! I´m excited about my classes though, I´m taking a lot of international relations courses and also an art class where we actually go to the Prado museum and learn about the art in person. My new classes are going to be a ton of work, which will not be fun but I am truly interested in all the topics, so I think that it will be a good semester!
My big excitement from last week though was going to the Star Wars exhibit that is in Madrid right now. I went with four of my American friends on Wednesday and it was exactly what I needed after my long days. The exhibit is basically costumes and props from the movies, which was pretty amazing to see. I think that we were more excited to see this exhibit than most of the Spanish things we go to. Seriously, when we were walking in, we were jumping around like little kids we were so excited!
This weekend was also special for me because I finally got to visit a friend I met while working at the camp in Romania, we hadn´t seen each other in five years! So I spent the weekend with him, in Castellon and Valencia. Luckily for me he has a car so he showed me all the great spots! We had the chance to go up into the mountains and to a castle and the beach all in one weekend! I still can´t believe after all this time we finally had a chance to get together!
Luckily for me, the tough part of my week is done now, with the exception of work tonight. And this weekend I have a friend from Madison visiting me from where he is studying in Florence, so I´m sure that this weekend will be a special one as well!

No comments: