Thursday, September 25, 2008

What's been going on

I have been in my apartment for a little over a week now, and I am completely loving it. I have my own room which is a change from sharing last year, I'm still getting used to being by myself. I still haven't had the chance to meet all of my roommates, we have drastically different schedules so its been difficult to find a time when we are all around. But from what I know so far about them all I have no complains! Its been so nice to be able to eat what I want, when I want. I'm also blessed enough to have a small grocery store right down the street so it makes it even easier.
We'll be wrapping up our intensive course next Tuesday, which is something I am excited for. While the class has been helpful, I want to get started with my university course work. I just picked my classes today so I'm ready to go! Classes will start on Thursday, which is only a week away.
I also had my first day of work on Monday. I will be tutoring two little boys, 5 and 8, every Monday, one hour each. They are such sweethearts and I can't wait to be able to spend more time with them. Their mom even went out and bought a set of their books for me so that I would be prepared. I also will be starting another class on Mondays with an older girl. This is a new experience for me and so far I'm enjoying it.
I have a feeling things are going to start picking up in these next couple weeks, with working and classes, it will be nice to get into a routine though and settle into life here.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Hannah!

Glad to hear your enjoying your new job! Good luck with your upcomming classes and as always, God bless!